Friends, there is so much hope. There is SO MUCH HOPE in our voices and in our power. There is hope in our love and in our support, and in our ability to lead and serve well. There is hope for a better future for our children. And it starts with us having hard conversations.
Step one: Post this photo and get your communities involved and ready to join together on July 2nd.
Minutes 1-10 in the video: Background of why the child welfare system in this country is important to be talking about right now.
Minutes 10-17: Our three step plan of action to get us all involved in creating positive change, starting on July 2
Minute 18: Starts my Instagram story from yesterday about how this has affected us personally
- Lost children- The Child Welfare League of America documents how many children are lost within OUR system every year.
- On AVERAGE, children in the system stay in it for THREE YEARS, until they’re reunited with bio family or adopted! THREE YEARS!
- Children average THREE different placements
- We come together to stand in solidarity with our children, and families who have been destroyed and hurt because of our child welfare system. We come together to shed light on what is happening. We raise awareness. We send it to the people we know. We send it to the people we know who are in power. We use our voices to share stories for those who’s voices have been suppressed for a long time.
- We will all wear pink on that day and post a photo on social media using the hashtag, and pointing people to our comprehensive guide that will be live to share stories of people within the child welfare system.
- We will all post with the hashtags on that day, and on our website we will be releasing a comprehensive post with stories, statistics, places where you can go and help, so that we can all start becoming more informed.